OCTOBER 2020 UPATE - IF YOU HAVE NOT YET HAD YOUR VACCINATION AND WOULD LIKE ONE PLEASE CONTACT THE SURGERY. WE ARE NOW ABLE TO OBTAIN ADDIITIONAL VACCINE FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH.
Flu Vaccinations 2020
Due to the Corona Virus Pandemic we will be running our Flu Clinics differently this year to ensure social distancing and infection prevention.
- Patients are asked to attend AT THE TIME of their appt, DO NOT arrive early, as you will have to wait outside
- Patients will have to queue outside rather than inside the building, maintaining social distancing
- Patients will have their temperature checked at the doorway
- Please wear a short sleeved shirt or blouse to ensure quick access to the top of your arm
- Only the vaccination will be administered, we can't address any other medical issue in the flu vacc clinic
We have been asked to prioritise our Shielded patients and the over 65 year olds first, then our at risk (pts under 65 with long term health conditions i.e heart, lung disease). Invites will start to come out this week.
We ordered the flu vaccs in November last year long before the pandemic was known about. We expect demand will be very high this year, but we have limited vaccines due to ordering based of previous years' demands. We do anticipate we won't have enough vaccine for everyone, so when you receive your invite please contact the surgery by phone to make your appointment at your earliest convenience.